svn (subversion) is relatively easy to use and has both gui and cli frontends
(windows maybe only gui). there is tortoise svn which integrates into explorer.

cvs is mostly the same.

The big difference is that with cvs commits are per file (if you made dependent
changes on two different files the commit won't show it). cvs also doesn't
support renaming (it's the same as deleting the file and importing a new one).
svn commits as a group, i.e you can commit changes to several files as a group.

For better and worse (mostly space) svn keeps a copy of the pull also locally
(you basically have two copies of the code), although I don't think you can
commit against the local copy, just see what changes you made.

On the other hand cvs is older, and thus has a bit more software supporting it
(that is not as true nowadays).

Other options are tls (arch) which I know little about, and git.

git is mostly command line (I found the gui tools to be very limited), although
the learning curve for committing is mostly ok. It also relies on some linux
filesystem abilities, so it will run on windows but requires msys. It's big
difference is that it is a distributed system where each use maintains a
complete copy of the repository and can commit locally as much as he/she wants
with zero network overhead, when you are happy you can push the changes to a
central repository. I like it since it allows you to work on your own stuff
until it's ready for the repository without losing the ability to keep a commit
track (although you can achieve the same end with branches, as long as you are
always connected to the server, a thing that git doesn't require). It was built
with the kernel development cycle in mind.

Bottom line, for a SOHO that doesn't require offline commits and wants a low
learning curve solution I would recommend svn. cvs is too old and doesn't allow
atomic commits, git is too radical for most development environments and arch
I know nothing about (I think that it has the same lack of tools as git)