On Monday 25 February 2008, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have here 4 Linux machines, which will be running some forums, db etc...
>
> 2 of the machines, when testing to send mail to gmail, send it and I
> recieve it correctly. However, 2 other servers when they send mail,
> the mail goes directly to the SPAM folder in gmail.
>
> I can do the simple trick of clicking the message and clicking "not
> spam", but the 2 servers do need to send registration mail to users,
> and if they'll get the mail in the spam it will cause tons of
> problems.
>
> I have checked the RDNS, sent mail not from root, SPF record is OK.
> (mail server is sendmail).
>
> Have I missed something? I checked all the servers and they have the
> same config.

It's hard to tell how gmail filters its spam. I bet it's an "Intellectual
Property" of theirs.
However, you might get a clue if you run the problematic email through
spamassassin (use 'spamc -R < your_email') and see which spam tests are being
hit.

If you don't have a working spamassassin configuration, send the file to me,
I'll do it for you.

--yuval