From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Amos Shapira
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 2:56 AM
To: Israel Linux Mailing list
Subject: Efficient C++ XML validating parser?

Hello,

Currently we use Xerces for C (http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/) to
read XML files but are looking at making this as efficient as
possible.

The XML files are generated by our own software so some of us though
that maybe we can get rid of validation of the input and go straight
to event handling using SAX parsers.

My concern with this approach is that it sounds like we'll end up with
a hand-written parser for very specific version of the input schema,
which will require us to keep the code in pace with changes in the
schema.

Instead, I was wondering what would be the best way to ask the XML
parser to validate the input. Maybe some tool which converts an XML
schema to tightly integrated C++ code would do the trick? I found
http://tinyurl.com/2wqqp8 but it's just a research paper (NOT free),
not open source code.

What do people around here like to use for EFFICIENT XML parsing?

Thanks,

--Amos