On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> To me the best choice is via a Bluetooth phone. Then you send your message
> directly over your cellular phone network which reduces the number of
> hands in the process and your SP is legally bound to some confidentiality.
>
> My wife has a Nokia cell phone with a bluetooth connection to her PC.
> Using Nokia PC Suite one can use it to send SMSs.
>
> Is there a program to do it from Linux?

With GSM phones, you send SMSs by issuing certain special AT commands over
the phone's serial ("modem") interface.

With Bluetooth, you get a serial port device (ttyS... or something) and you
use it just as you would use a phone connected thru a serial cable (e.g.
with gnokii or by issuing the AT commands directly).