Hi,

After spending few hours with tons of docs, I found the following info:

1. 3G connection is different from WAP connection, as it requires
different APN (Access Point Number). For WAP/GPRS, it's "internet"
while for 3G/UMTS it's "uinternet" (with Orange, I don't know about
Cellcom).
2. Those who are using Fedora 8 - there's a bug in the kernel module,
due to a recent newer implantation of some additional stuff
implemented in the bluez module, you'll get tons and tons of errors
such as:
"hci_scodata_packet: hci0 SCO packet for unknown connection handle
92". Suggestion: either compile a newer kernel or rebuild from Fedora
9 preview the kernel (it has a fix for it inside).
3. Those who prefer to use wvdial or gnome-ppp (I prefer KPPP), I'm
enclosing a working sample of wvdial.conf which works with Orange 3G
UMTS. user/pass doesn't matter as their server authenticates you by
your phone number. This is a working sample which could be much
shorter, but it should do the job.

Thanks,
Hetz

--
Skepticism is the lazy person's default position.
my blog (hebrew): http://benhamo.org