Hi,

I've a subcontractor who ssh's in to our gateway via 'ssh -X gateway', and
from there to other machines on our site, e.g., 'gateway% ssh -X target'.

This used to work fine, allowing the user to run X apps on the target and
display them on his machine.

Recently, attempts to connect to the target fail with:
gateway% ssh -X target
x11_request_forwarding: bad authentication data: MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1

Running ssh with -vvvvv wasn't much help, adding only the following:
debug2: x11_get_proto: /usr/bin/X11/xauth  list unix:10.0 2>/dev/null
debug1: Requesting X11 forwarding with authentication spoofing.
x11_request_forwarding: bad authentication data: MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1

- Without '-X', the ssh to target works fine.

Any ideas? Recent changes include aptitude upgrade, and I'm reluctant to
mess around with the gateway's setup too drastically.

        Rony