On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 22:53:17 +0200
Diego Iastrubni <elc...@kde.org> wrote:

> I can still remember Leumi doing this with a floppy "way then". At least
> a USB device would last for several months/years.
> Floppies lick balls (the 1.44, not the 1.2, they actually kickes ass and
> were better, don't know why).

The why is easy, you stick more data into less space pushing the limits of the
technology over the edge.

> Oron Peled wrote:
> > On Sunday, 18 בJanuary 2009, Arie Skliarouk wrote:
> >
> >> Some time ago they issued padkey USB device that one must use to get access
> >> to the site. If I understand correcly, the IE uses ActiveX to retrieve an
> >> key from the device and transfers the key and keyboard-entered password to
> >> the site for authenitcation.
> >>

> > I'll bet they do it for "security". Indeed, forcing people to use ActiveX is
> > a secure way to have these people PC quickly broken into.

Easier to break into the computer, but harder to break into the bank. Why do
you think that they care about your computer?

And if it's a hasp device, it can be hell to set it up, sometimes the machines
just decides it doesn't like it (especially if you stuck it in in the wrong
order with installing the driver) and unless you know what you are doing it's a
mess to fix.

> > How lame can they be...

We need to convince whomever is importing apple to lower their prices, besides
the nice machines it will force these sites to be more compliant when more
people yell at them with "mainstream" operating systems.

They are still convinced that there are only five people in the world using
linux.

Another thing to do is to finally get some people who know web development in
the market and not just people who studied html for dummies.