I seriously considering Orange's offer of a combo package of some sort of
"box", cell phone air time and 2.5mbit Internet. From what I understand
the Internet part is over your (not included) cable modem or aDSL line.

Does anyone have it? Or have Orange as an ISP?

Are they Linux friendly? I understand it's presented as some sort of
router, but I have a combination of Linux, Windows and Mac and don't
want to be told that in order to test their router I have to use a
Windows computer, or worse than that, be told that their service is not
"linux compatible".

My traffic is in order of priority VoIP, then streaming video, then web access
then bit torrent. In order of traffic, it's backwards, with most being bit
torrent, then streaming video, then http, with a small VoIP load.

Right now I have a HOT modem and Netvision, which when it works it works
very well, with no slowdowns, noticable traffic shaping, or limits. The Orange
deal is a good one based soley on reducing my cell phone bill. If I can get
decent Internet access on top of it, it's a big saving.

It also happens to be down as I write this and has been for almost 6 hours.

Thanks,

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel g...@mendelson.com  N3OWJ/4X1GM