On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 01:09:57 +0200
Dotan Cohen <dotanco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> While referring a new Linux user to the Linux-il mailing list, I found
> this text on the page:
> "No newbie questions (use gnubies-il instead)."
>
> Can the lists be merged? This list is low enough traffic that doubling
> it should not be a problem, and the separation of noobs and gurus
> means that few gurus see the noobs posts, and they never get the help
> that they need.

I have to admit that I didn't even know that list exists, assuming that also a
few other experienced people. As far as I'm concerned this list is ideal for
noobs and if you do know what you are doing its a no issue filtering unwanted
threads.

You could try to ask them to put noob question in the title so people who
really don't like help can filter the messages more easily (or add an header
stating how long the user has been on the list ...)