On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 01:14:02PM +0200, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

At least on my SanDisk Cruzer, that was relatively harmless on Linux. On Windows, these lines suggest that any time you put the drive in it launches the horrible U3 system and starts messing with your files. Fortunately, there is a solution. You can download the U3 removal tool from the sandisk web site and run it (Windows only, I'm afraid, but I managed to get it to work from Virtual box by connecting the DOK directly to the windows machine). Once removed, Linux starts treating the device as a normal Disk on Key as well. Much recommended.

Can you just mount the raw device and reformat it?

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel g...@mendelson.com  N3OWJ/4X1GM