From: linux-il-boun...@cs.huji.ac.il [mailto:linux-il-boun...@cs.huji.ac.il]
On Behalf Of Ira Abramov
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 1:58 PM
To: linux-il@cs.huji.ac.il
Subject: Re: ssh from 012 cable to server in US fail

Quoting Tomer Cohen, from the post of Tue, 28 Apr:
> Hi,
>
> I had the same issue yesterday evening (012, cable). After few hours I
> periodically tried, I was able to access the machines (one is located in
> Dreamhost, the other at sourceforge.net), but very slowly and with sudden
> disconnections after about one minute of each connection.

these all sound annoyingly like the "adventures" a friend of mine had
when connecting to my server from china, including obvious
man-in-the-middle attacks, such as each time hׁ” tried to connect, the
"server" would display a different host key.

If the state of Israel has started building a "great firewall" they are
both doing it wrong, as well as against the current law. very sad :-(

> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 11:10, Rami Addady <r...@active.co.il> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >

> > I have weird problem , staring this morning I can't ssh to a server in
US,
> >  from some computers that connect to the Internet using 012 cabels.
> >
> > But if I'm ssh to server in 012 farm and then from it to the US server
is
> > work fine!
> >
> > I called 012 technical support but they didn't  help me.
> >

> > It's not a FW issue because the ssh session start.
> >
> > When I try to ssh it start and after some time fail , here is debug
> > session.
> >

> > ssh -v -l user 111.111.111.111
> >

> > OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7a Feb 19 2003
> >
> > debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
> > debug1: Applying options for *
> > debug1: Connecting to ... port 22.
> > debug1: Connection established.
> > debug1: identity file /home/user/.ssh/identity type -1
> > debug1: identity file /home/user/.ssh/id_rsa type -1
> > debug1: identity file /home/user/.ssh/id_dsa type -1
> > debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version OpenSSH_4.3
> > debug1: match: OpenSSH_4.3 pat OpenSSH*
> > debug1: Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0
> > debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.9p1
> > debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
> > debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received
> > debug1: kex: server->client aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none
> > debug1: kex: client->server aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none
> > debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_REQUEST(1024<1024<8192) sent
> > debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_GROUP
> >
> > ... after few minutes...
> >
> > Connection closed by 111.111.111.111
> >

> > Any idea what wrong
> >

> > Rami

> --
> Tomer Cohen
> http://tomercohen.com
>
> H. L. Mencken  - "It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he
> has descended from man."
>  <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/h_l_mencken.html>

The way of the world
Ira Abramov