Thank you Meir,

This exact link  is for  for Ubuntu  >=8.10, although  I can find stuff for Ubuntu Hardy

Meanwhile I found what may be a caause fro problem :

The output of xrandr utility shows that with VESA driver the display set to 1200x768
( it max it can)

but with openchrome driver it is set above its limits , smthing like  2000 x 1000 ( I don't remember exact numbers, but >2000 )

So the question - how to set up resolution in xorg or perhaps in .Xresources ??

And As a consequence, I see a blank screen
Meir Michanie wrote:
Try this, it solved my issues with via motherboard.

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/x-updates