I am currently running Ubuntu 9.04. I am fed up with it. I want to replace it with debian, hopefully without wiping the hard drive in the process.

I looked around and found an Israeli mirror but there are something like 31 cd's or 5 dvd's and updates. Is there a simple way to upgrade it it, like changing the sources file for apt and doing a dist-upgrade?

If not what do I download and what do I do with it?

Note that I have 2 systems to upgrade and is there a way to not have to download everything twice?

I have a fast enough Internet connection that I could download the DVD images one per night while I am sleeping and burn them to DVD's during the day if need be.

If I use jigdo instead of a straight download do I get custom dvd's up to date, or the same ones as if I dowloaded the release images?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Geoff.

--
geoffrey mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM