Hi,
I tried to install Debian etch amd64 on a computer with NForce3 chipset,
using grml live CD (to keep a long story shorter, I won't explain why I
could not use the regular installation procedure, unless it turns out that
others had similar problems and we might profit by exchanging experience).
Upon boot I got some error messages among which:
"Checking aperture...
CPU 0: aperture @ f8000000 size 32 MB
Aperture too small (32 MB)
Your BIOS doesn't leave a aperture memory hole
Please enable the IOMMU option in the BIOS setup
This costs you 64 MB of RAM"
My BIOS do not provide this option.
Top reports the use of 41 Mb, the rest of my 500 Mbytes being free...This
seems to be a false alarm, but as I dot understand a word of it, I would
welcome your comments.
Thanks, Avraham
--
Please avoid sending to this address Excell or Powerpoint attachments.