Gal Goldschmidt <g...@cs.haifa.ac.il> writes:

> From time to time I get blocked, especially if I switch the hardware
> connected to the modem.

<snip>

> I guess I can buy a router, configure it and sent it to her, the
> problem is who will connect the right cables in the right place.

I don't experience this problem. It is true that I have a router
connected to the modem and never change it. But then, from your
description I suspect that your friend will connect a computer to the
modem and never change anything, isn't this right? No need for a
router. That's one cable to connect, once...

Anyway, that was just a suggestion.

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | p...@goldshmidt.org