2009/8/11 geoffrey mendelson <geoffreymendel...@gmail.com>:

> On Aug 11, 2009, at 1:34 PM, Amos Shapira wrote:
>>
>> We might try buying them in the US ebay and have them shipped
>> internally to the US office.
>

> What you should do is cultivate a friendship with someone who works for a
> volume buyer of Dell and is aware of the specials and discount codes they
> offer.
>
> I have seen postings by people "in the know" about Dell sales which are
> available to any buyer if you know the proper item numbers, discount codes,
>  etc, which sell servers for far less than the "retail" price.

I have a friend who just started working in a non-junior position for
Dell in Oz, maybe will ask him about this.

> The last thing I would do is to buy a computer in the US from OZ, to be
> shipped to the US.

Care to give more reasons on why would you avoid that?

We are an American company now and have US headquarters (even the
corporate credit card I use is from a bank in the Silicon Valley).

Thanks,

--Amos