Oleg Goldshmidt wrote:
I'll bite - it's OT, but too much fun to skip... ;-)

2009/8/24 Shachar Shemesh <shac...@shemesh.biz>:

As a side note - does that prove that our universe only has three
dimensions?

Technically, no, though many philosophers (as opposed to physicists or
mathematicians) will say it does. The number of dimensions does not
follow from R^-2, but if you live in a 3D world then R^-2 follows...
;-)
I read the link you gave, but have not found why it does not prove it. The closest I got (which was not stated) is that if N>3 for our universe, then the laws of physics are much more complex than what we know. It seems very clear that if the laws we know are a close approximation of the "real" laws of physics, then the only explanation to the experiments we are conducting is that the world only has 3 physical dimensions.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.