From: linux-il-boun...@cs.huji.ac.il [mailto:linux-il-boun...@cs.huji.ac.il]
On Behalf Of David Suna
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 8:53 AM
To: linux-il
Subject: Virtualization recommendation

I just bought a new Gateway laptop that comes with Windows Vista (and a
free upgrade to Windows 7).  I want to be able to run both Linux (Ubuntu
is my preferred distribution) and Windows (Vista for now, Windows 7 in
the future) using virtualization.  I have not gotten into virtualization
until now so I wanted recommendations about how to go about doing this.
>>From what I have read so far I have the following options:

1. Host on Windows using VMWare (either VMware Player or Workstation)

2. Host on Windows using Microsoft Virtual PC

3. Host on Linux using VMWare, Xen etc but then I have to deal with
installing Windows since the laptop comes with it but does not have
separate installation disks

Recommendations for or against any of the above or information about
other options that I left out would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--
David Suna
da...@davidsconsultants.com