Gilboa Davara wrote:
On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 20:04 +0200, Raz wrote:
Do not use inline kernel atomic_t operation, you will violate GPL.
Use gcc builtins. If you want information please refer to:
http://sos-linux.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/sos-linux/offsched/Linux-Debug/
and download linux-debug.pdf . You will few words on atomicity in user
space in linux.
Please execuse for bad editing, the paper is not complete.

raz

Thanks.
While I was aware of the derived problem - I neglected to point it out.
Thanks.

At least in my case (and partially due to the derived work problem), I
simply wrote my own set of assembly functions that worked the same under
both Linux/BSD and Windows (under both user mode and kernel mode).

- Gilboa
I might be missing something really basic, but may I ask "why"? What would you want to achieve that would require you to use the "get and set" (or "test and set", or whatever) in user space?

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.