> Sorry, I don't know how to do that.  I'm stuck with the default.  But
> I think the programmers themselves (of Google Chrome and Firefox)
> should have taken care of this issue.

The OOo and Firefox programmers will not change your Windows settings.
That is a slippery slope and would lead to all sorts of bad karma.

Start → Settings → Control Panel → Display → Appearance → Effects →
Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts → ClearType

> My bank (hapoalim) website does not look good in Firefox and Google
> Chrome.  Other websites as well. IE is installed automatically on any
> computer with Windows, this helps when you get used to it and it's
> installed on public computers around the world.  If I use a public
> computer when travelling, chances are I'm using IE.  I tried Firefox
> and Google Chrome, for example with Gmail, and I think they are less
> good than IE.

I won't argue about which browser is better, but I would love to hear
why you feel that IE is better. No argument, just tell me what you
like about it, or what you dislike about Firefox.

>>> Sorry, I can't.  I have files in Excel and Word, they never look the
>>> same with Open Office, and I'm using them.
>>
>> If you have non-confidential files that look different in OOo, please
>> send them to me so that I could file a bug and improve OOo. Thanks.
>
> Sorry, my files are confidential.  But I'm not using Open Office, I
> have a version of Microsoft Office on my computer and I'm used to it.

No problem. MS Office really is good software (I don't like MS's web
browser or operating system, but their office suite is great) and if
you feel that the price is justified (which in my opinion it is) then
use it!

> I suppose I can convert my Word and Excel files to Open Office if I
> want to, but my Access software will have to keep running on Microsoft
> Access & Windows.  I wrote this software for the company I work for,
> Pazgal, since 1996 and until now.  It has about 80 forms, 40 reports
> and more than 200 queries, 80 tables and a lot of Visual Basic code.
> If I were to write this program again in a new platform, it would take
> me years!  And I don't know which platform can replace Microsoft
> Access.

Nothing can directly replace Access. OOo Base is not even close.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il