On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 10:07:45PM +0200, Elazar Leibovich wrote:
> I didn't see MS propaganda about CLR being compatible with linux. Maybe
> because linux users are not their primary audience. Care to give a reference
> (I'm not teasing, I'm really curious to see where they brag about it).
> I'm not saying that the CLR is a panacea for cross-platform development, but
> I'm saying it is a viable option.

One issue is specific to SilverLight and is not exactly about
portability. Microsoft has avoided promising not to sue other developers
over patent rights for that technology. Or rather, it has promised
several times, but none of those is solid enough.

Given the past record of MS in this field and its current interests, I
just avoid touching it. Furthermore, I prefer to avoid the whole mono
stack, where possible, to avoid relying on parts in it that are not
covered by solid guarantees of Microsoft.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzaf...@jabber.org | VIM is
tzaf...@cohens.org.il |                    |  best