On Feb 17, 2010, at 5:16 PM, Valery Reznic wrote:

Hi, list

Recently Netvision representative contacted me and offered to use
Netvision instead of Bezek as my "phone provider"

Do you have any experience with them ?

No, but AFAIK they give you a "box" which connects to your aDSL line or cable modem. This means that your phone service works less often than the entire combination of your internet connection and your ISP and so on. Good if it is cheap, but keep a cell phone for emergencies.

Note that HOT's 077 service is not VoIP, it runs on a different subchannel than their internet service and is much more reliable.

012 and Orange have similar offerings. Orange's deal includes calls to cell phones, so it may be better for you.

Geoff.

--
geoffrey mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Jerusalem Israel geoffreymendel...@gmail.com