Hi,

I have taken 3 machines for a project: 2 machines will act as Xen servers
and one machine will act as "storage".
The storage box is just a machine with few hard disks connected with a RAID
controller.

What I would like to do is create few Xen VM's with the fastest possible I/O
in terms of storage.
I have few options:

1. I can create an LVM on the storage machine, create few Logical Volumes
and export them as NFS to the Xen servers and configure each VM to some file
images. Problem is, that file I/O with Xen is slower compared working with
LVM's.
2. I can create an LVM on the storage machine, create few Logical Volumes,
and export those as iSCSI devices. I'm not sure whats the performance of Xen
with iSCSI devices exported from the storage box.
3. I can create few partitions on the storage machine, export them as iSCSI
devices and do LVM on the Xen servers. Problem: I don't know how much the
"penalty" doing LVM on the Xen machines.

My question: What is the best option?

Thanks,
Hetz

--