2010/4/13 Nadav Har'El <n...@math.technion.ac.il>

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010, Ron Varburg wrote about "Hebrew calendar software
> creators: can you notify this list when updating the calendar?":
> >
> > The file /usr/share/calendar.judaic is out of date.
>
> Where did this file come from? It doesn't exist on Fedora, for example.

I am running updates on my system on daily basis (ubuntu 9.10), and see what
I've found -  The file is not maintained for five years, and the dates last
updated seven (!) years ago. Someone should takeover this and create script
to automatically generate the file every year. Calling someone, Kaplan, are
you listening? :)

$ cat /usr/share/calendar/calendar.judaic
/*
 * Judaic Calendar. Maintained by Josef Grosch <jgro...@mooseriver.com>.
 *
 * $FreeBSD: src/usr.bin/calendar/calendars/calendar.judaic,v 1.12
2003/03/05 21:13:28 dwmalone Exp $
 *
 */

#ifndef _calendar_judaic_
#define _calendar_judaic_

/*
 * Jewish calendar for the CE year 2003
 * 27 Tevet 5763 - 6 Tevet 5764
 */
[...]

This file came from Debian probably. FreeBSD seems to have newer file in
their repositories, dated back to 2007, and so is Debian sid (see links
below). I am not sure what happened with the Ubuntu file, as it is way
older.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/usr.bin/calendar/calendars/calendar.judaic
http://packages.debian.org/sid/utils/bsdmainutils

--