Gadi Cohen wrote:
(I should note that the HTC Evo 4G includes HTC's Sense UI, which looks fantastic, plenty videos of this around. You can find it ported to the Nexus One but then of course you're limited to updates to that ROM... some Nexus One features might not work).

I must admit that I found Sense to be underwhelming. On my phone, I'm running the plain Launcher (now rather old - no time to mess with Android right now :-( ).

Sense will probably be great for people who use facebook and twitter a lot, as it has very tight integration with these services. As I don't, I don't find the appeal. HTC's decision to make Sense plugins distinct from Android Launcher plugins is, in my view, a lame attempt to prevent people from taking the Sense plugins, and holds no technological merit.

The interface is, indeed, nice, but it is implemented as a wrapper around Android, rather than go into Android and change it. As a result, the second you run ANY non-Sense application (which is, let's face it, most of them), the interface reverts to POA (Plain Old Android).

I can't escape the feeling that Sense was developed for WinMo, to override Window's horrible non-touch oriented interface, and was ported to Android for the sake of uniformity. That might also explain the different plugins interface. Inside Android, at least, it feels like a shallow casing around the core system, and I prefer the uniformity of having a standard interface throughout the system.

1) Super AMOLED screen. Looks amazing, brighter, better contrast, uses less power. See video.
Is it reflective? Usually, the brighter colors are due to a reflective surface, which makes it more difficult to work with.
2) Possibly the fastest processor on the market, but it's debatable. It's also 1Gz like the N1 but can draw triangles 3 times a fast. http://androidandme.com/2010/03/news/samsung-galaxy-s-hummingbird-chip-to-have-3x-gpu-power-of-snapdragon/
So I have to ask about battery time and weight.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.