On 7/13/2010 9:13 AM, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
Hi list,

I bought a USB connected logic analyzer for too much money (not that much). When buying, I did a mistake and not thought through the issues, and bought from a US supplier without telling them this needs to be a 220V country. As a result, I got an external power supply that is 110V, which outputs 12V AC at 1000mA (why they do not write "1A", I do not know).

To my shame, I actually bought a universal DC supply without noticing that it's AC I need, and started a support call with the company. They were very nice, and when we, finally, found out the source (I hope it is it), the guy said I could probably get by with 18VDC, but it would strain the capacitors (my math suggests that 15VDC is closer to the mark).

So, does anyone know where I can get a 12V AC power supply? They are not exactly a commodity.ji.ac.il/mailman/listinfo/linux-il
first, make sure it will work with 50Hz ( instead of 60Hz)
you can take a 1000ma (or more) low end power supply
( the heavy ones, with lots of copper inside)
open it up, and remove a small electric circuit with diodes and capacitor(s)
connect the 2 wires from the coil to the output.

Alon.