On Sunday 18 Jul 2010 11:56:33 Elazar Leibovich wrote:
> While you're on to it.
> I expect to read in a benchmark report, the number of time the software was
> executed, the mean running time, and the standard deviation. Running and
> timing it once can hide a pretty large error.

Perhaps you're right about that for more complex software. But for Freecell
Solver, I noticed that running it on the virtual console without X running and
while renicing it to the maximal possible priority, yields about the same
runtime every time. This maybe because it is almost purely CPU/memory bound
and does not use the disk much.

I'm also more interested in the minimal running time than I am in the mean
one.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish