What I mean is to use whatever preprocessor symbol that is defined when
building using gcc, but undefined on AIX; or vice versa.

--
Bottom posters are filthy heretics and infidels and ought to be burned
on the stake after having been tarred, feathered and having rotten eggs

I may be affiliated in any way.