Thanks for the links. Will try them too. She has windows and doesn't want to
remove it. So I burned  the cd of linux games mentioned in the previous
mail. The problem was that for some reason it failed with xorg.conf. I got a
prompt to enter username and then sudo rm .... After I inserted the username
gamer i didn't got a prompt shell to run sudo rm. Even on a virtualbox i got
the same problem. So, now it remains to use the iso for the virtualbox.