2010/10/10 Tom Rosenfeld <trosenf...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
> I just came across this thread from back in Aug about Amazon's cloud.
>
> I'd like to add that I have been a satisfied customer of Amazon for over a
> year, using their services for both consulting at at my current job where we
> use it to run our SaaS offering. The capabilities keep improving and the
> prices keep coming down. Their lowest end server is now just 2 cents an
> hour!
>
> There are some issues with the IO, but it is certainly adequate for all but
> high performance needs. We use 8 way stripped disks and get about 100 MBp/s
> sequential reads.
>
> If anyone wants more details, I'll be happy to share with you.
>
> -tom

I am considering using EC2 for a web application.
I am not sure how to calculate the payment per month.
Do I pay only for the time someone makes a request?
For example, I have a user who requests a certain report and it takes 1
second to load the report request form, then 20 seconds to produce the
report and print it.
I understand that I pay for 21 seconds?
So if I have 100 customers doing the same thing each day, I pay for 35
minutes (2100 seconds)?

It seems to be very cheap.

--
Ori Idan