On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 19:15, Shlomi Fish <shlo...@iglu.org.il> wrote:
> Yes, I did. I thought it was fair to mention Ubuntu because it appears to be
> the most popular distribution right now, especially for beginners and one of
> the most polished ones. I've also decided to forget about their treatment of
> me in the past (seeing that it wasn't important for the prosperity of the
> community as a whole.).

That is very pragmatic and mature of you. Seriously, I'm impressed!

> OK, I'll consider removing the sainthood part. I may prove of some help with
> KDE, given my time constraints, but I'm not an expert in either C++ or KDE.

Thanks, if I get horribly stuck I'll post to linux-il. I assume that
C++ for KDE coding is ontopic there.

> Today I was reminded of this quote from
> http://www.perl.com/pub/1999/09/topaz.html :
>
> {{{
> Now I'd like to ask how many of you do not know anything about C++? Okay, a
> fair number, so I'm going to have to explain—everyone else is lying. Two kinds
> of people: people who say that they know C++ and the truthful.
> }}}
>
> I used to feel that Salzenberg was joking in saying that, but now, many years
> later, I realise how he was correct in saying that.

Einstein had a similar quote about understanding relativity. I
generalise both statements to "be humble, and continue to learn".
That's why I don't claim to be an expert in anything.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com