On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 21:55, Geoff Shang <ge...@quitelikely.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Mar 2011, Uri Even-Chen wrote:
>
>  OK, I setup file /etc/apache2/sites-available/default , but it's still
>> not working. I can't log into /admin , and
>> http://www.speedy2000.net/uri/en is "Not Found / The requested URL
>> /uri/en was not found on this server.". I used
>> http://www.htmlite.com/HTA006a.php to create admin password (without
>> salt), what is the problem? And why does
>> http://www.speedy2000.net/uri/en not redirect to
>> http://www.speedy2000.net/uri/ ? here are the contents of
>> /etc/apache2/sites-available/default :
>>

> I'll be the first to admit I'm not big on this stuff, particularly regular
> expressions, but I didn't see anything whhich would catch /uri/en

I want to catch any URL that starts with /uri/ or /composer/ , for example
/uri/en or /uri/blog or anything more specific (for example "
http://www.speedy2000.net/uri/blog/2011/02/facebook-hacker-cup-2/";). The PHP
file redirects the URL to another domain:

<?php
header('Location: http://www.speedysoft.net' . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);
?>

(currently it's not working. only /uri/ and /composer/ are redirected).

>         <Directory /var/www/admin/>
>>                AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/users/.htpasswd
>>                AuthGroupFile /dev/null
>>

> I'd think it just better not to specify AuthGroupFile at all, rather than
> use /dev/null.  I've never had occasion to use it.
>
> Maybe. but it works with "AuthGroupFile /dev/null" as well.

>                 AuthName "Protected Area"
>>                AuthType Basic
>>
>>                <LIMIT GET POST>
>>                require admin
>>                </LIMIT>
>>

> As you later posted, the require line is not correct here.  If you want to
> be able to support multiple usernames/passwords, you may want to use:
>
> require valid-user
>
> instead.
>
> Geoff.

Uri Even-Chen