On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Hetz Ben Hamo <het...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Not that I understand what's wrong with a one-line VHost for the old
>> hostname. From some reason I take this type of configuration cleaner and
>> easier to debug later (and could also very be more efficient
>> performance-wise. or not. :))
>>

> vhost one line? 2 lines for <VirtualHost> and </VirtualHost>, 1 line for
> ServerName, 1 line for DocumentRoot, so you'll need 4 at the minimum :)

One line = one line of configuration on "what to do with this vhost", not
the elementary parts ;)

Oh and... technically... had you chosen to provide with a different IP for
every vhost, it could be 3 in total.

Why you need a DocumentRoot in a vhost serving no content, is a good
question.

> Anyway, thanks for the heads-up regarding the redirect. Seems to be working
> now.

You're welcome :)

Thanks,
> Hetz