On 17/07/2011 20:39, geoffrey mendelson wrote:

On Jul 17, 2011, at 8:43 PM, Mordecha Behar wrote:
Hey, I'm not saying we should sue, I'm just saying it's an option. And not a good one. We will alienate ourselves in the worldwide community of open software, and probably burn several bridges which will be very hard to rebuild. I too resent the whole idea of mixing computer science and politics. It makes the whole thing stink like unwashed feet. I'm just a little disappointed that the whole saga unraveled like this. I had higher opinions of RMS before this.

This pretty much says that he is supporting a boycott and that it's fsf.org's policy. IMHO he should be sued. I'm not going to do it, but if I were presented with a poll or petition would say so.

If he did not want to be offensive or politicize himself or the fsf, he could of said "So I decided to not offend anyone......" but he did not he said that "decided to follow ... the boycott".

To toss out some ad homynms, he's a blight on free speech and free software and he and his fsf have outlived their usefulness. He has crossed the line over which he should never cross, mixing free software with support of terrorists.

Geoff.

Ad Hominem and Ad Rem:
  Have some of you gone mad ?!
  Gagging,  prosecution, do i hear execution ?

Perhaps he's an hypocrite feeble-minded-self-hating-jewish-leftists, a member of J street, or god forbidden, a liberal, SO WHAT?

BLOCKING free speech!  How DARE you!  Have you lost your mind !?

Some of you really frighten me because I know that most of my opinions should have been kept to myself :)

-- Moish