There are probably a lot of other folks out there who it would be worth our while to speak to. I wrote the list after I happened to read LWN for about 30 seconds. That's not much consideration.

The real question for discussion here is who are the people of influence in the international Open Source community with whom we should talk?

 - yba

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 08:01:11 +0000
From: Tzafrir Cohen <tzaf...@cohens.org.il>
To: linux-il@cs.huji.ac.il
Subject: Re: Beyond Stallman

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 09:45:20AM +0300, Nadav Har'El wrote:
On Mon, Jul 18, 2011, Jonathan Ben Avraham wrote about "Beyond Stallman":
Dear Friends,
As community it is time for us to look beyond Richard Stallman.
There are more important and smarter people around who are worthy of our
efforts. To wit, Nina Paley, Allison Randal, Karen Sandler, Rob Weir...
These people are a league above Stallman. Rather than waste our efforts on
Stallman we should be starting a dialogue with these other more important
folks.

You've piqued my curiousity - who are those people, and why are they
more important than Stallman? Do you know that any one of them is considering
a trip to Israel?

I've personally never heard of any of these people, but maybe that doesn't
say much other than my world view is a bit narrow... Looking on the web for
these people, I discovered that apparently Nina Paley's father was the mayor
of Urbana, Illinois, while I was living there as a toddler. Any other
interesting things I should know about them? :-)

Nina Paley: See e.g.
http://hamakor.org.il/pipermail/discussions/2011-July/003215.html

Allison Randal: was recently active in the latest Harmony project (the
Harmony project about licensing. Not the one that got QT relicensed, and
not the one that got Java relicensed and eventually Googled sued by
Oracle).

Karen Sandler: formly from the SLFC, now heads the Gnome Foundation.

Rob Weir: one of IBM's main ODF guys. Involved in the recent Apache
OpenOffice.org, and as such has managed to annoy many of the LibreOffice
folks.

--
 EE 77 7F 30 4A 64 2E C5  83 5F E7 49 A6 82 29 BA    ~. .~   Tk Open Systems
     - y...@tkos.co.il - tel: +972.2.679.5364, http://www.tkos.co.il -