Hi,

I'm not familiar with 'e2fsc stage', but I solved a similar problem a while
ago by labelling the partitions and specifying the mount command with
LABEL=abc instead of an actual device name. UUID also serves the same
functiuons.

Rony

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Avraham Rosenberg
<for.avra...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I added a second hardrive to an existing system. I moved there three
> directories which should be mounted at boot, and I added the corresponding
> entries in /etc/fstab.
>   Trouble is that during the e2fsc stage of the boot, I often get the
> message "nonexistent device˝ for their mount points. Apparently udev is
> slow to detect them: If I comment out their entries in /etc/fstab and e2fsc
> them after the end of the boot sequence, and subsequently mount them,
> it works allright.
> Any suggestion ?
>
> Thanks, Avraham
> --
> Please avoid sending Excel or Powerpoint attachments to this address.

Ubi dubium, ibi libertas (where there is doubt, there is freedom)