On 22/01/2012, Amichai Rotman <amic...@iglu.org.il> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'd like to build a virtual server at home: One physical machine to run 3
> desktop VMs (one for each family member)  and  shared storage for all VMs.
> What would be the best to use: VirtualBox, VMWare Sex or KVM?
>
> Thanks,
> Amichai.

I found kvm and VirtualBox as best options for my needs  ,

Each has it benefits for me it was the deployment speed for kvm (it
took less tame to take guest machines from one server to other and to
deploy the guest machine).

Also I found kvm more friendly to hardware changes for the guest machine.

didn't do a real benchmarking but from my small testes I had the
impression that kvm uses slightly less memory.