On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 12:55, geoffrey mendelson > I see it
differently. Not because I like it, or agree with it, but because I
> am a cynic and believe the Israeli mindset to be different. I see it that
> they will say that they have a limited budget and the cost of providing the
> service to Windows users is something they must do, but to pay the extra
> money for FOSS support is a losing bet, as they don't know if anyone uses
> it, and they can use Windows (and M/S products) instead.

Presenting DOC/ PDF as Windows / FOSS is a false dichotomy. Presenting
it DOC / PDF as "works only on expensive or pirated software" / "works
on all computers and mobile devices" is the key.

> If they want to make their service more accessible, then they would spend
> what little money they have on iPod/iPhone/iPad apps and possibly Android
> ones.

See above, PDF will support those devices already.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com