On 7/29/12 11:57 AM, Shimon Panfil wrote:

Hi folks,
does anybody have 1st hand experience with cellcom usb modem (alcatel
x220) on linux? How hard should one work to make it work on e.g. centos
6.3?

I know this does not answer your question, but I have had good luck with UBUNTU 12.04 and two different ZTE and two different Hauwei ones.
(a total of 4).

In each case, the wireless connection manager found the stick, and offered me a choice of carrier. It then connected with no trouble at all.

If I were going to buy a new one, I would buy an Hauwei ($50 on eBay) because if you play around with asterisk, you can make calls on it too.

If you are going to use it on Golan, their instructions are wrong. The AIN is correct, but you have to dial *99# to get it to connect.

You also have to go to the settings web page for your account and turn on internet access.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM/KBUH7245/KBUW5379