On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM, Hetz Ben Hamo <het...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I imagine that some might work. Rami Levi is using
> Pelephone infrastructure, so it might work. Golan Telecom is using
> Cellcom's so this might not work (well, it still doesn't get my SMS from
> Google).
>
> IMHO the best is to test using Google SMS chat and try sending messages,
> see if those new numbers get those messages.

Golan and Hot Mobile are using Cellcom/Pelephone's antennas, but that
doesn't say anything besides that. Specifically, they (I'm sure about
Golan, almost sure about Hot) have their own network switching cores (Golan
purchased 2 of them from Nokia Siemens Networks), and that (AFAIK) includes
the SMSC and MMSC gateways... so they're a completely different service
provider, even though they share RF antennas while they build their own.
Both Golan and Hot have a unique MNC[1] code.

Rami Levi is indeed different, because they use Pelephone's switches.
Still, I don't see any good reason for Pelephone to provide them
connectivity to ICQ... every service they don't have to give to the virtual
operators by law, there's no reason for them to help their competition...

-- Shimi

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Network_Code