On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 11:49:29AM +0300, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Erez D <erez0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > hello
> >
> > i am writing code using vim. a college writes in eclipse.
> > whenever the eclipse open my files, it changes the amount of spaces inside
> > it, and also may split lines.
> >
> > i'm using vimdiff, and get  a lot of cahnges. even the iwhite option doesn't
> > help as it does not ignore a single space, and no line changes.
> >
> > i looked a little bit and couldn't find a solution
> >
> > beyond compare handles it, but i preffer vi
> >
> > any idea ?
> >

> I do use vimdiff from time to time, but as a comparison tool, it is
> somewhat feature incomplete.
> I would suggest you give meld [1] a try.
>
> IMHO its the best merging tool currently available (including built in
> support for SVN/GIT/BZR/CVS/etc) - in many ways much better than many
> proprietary solutions.
> In your case, meld can be configured (via regex) to ignore white
> spaces or any other complex expression.

Likewise vimdiff. Or specifically: the parameteers to pass to diff,
which may include -w .

But I agree that agreeing on a common standard is the best. Both vim and
eclipse should be configurable.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzaf...@jabber.org | VIM is
tzaf...@cohens.org.il |                    |  best