On 10/09/2013 07:55 AM, E.S. Rosenberg wrote:
A nice feature but not required, is to be able to restart/initialize the
modem remotely if it get stuck.
We had this issue with one system of ours. It turned out that nothing
would do. Even when the box was off, it still provided power to USB and
the modem was powered on. Fun.
Powered USB-hub connected to a electricity source that you can toggle
from the computer?

This is just what i thought i can do, but I had hoped it would be possible to turn off the USB port , but it is not supported yet.

Right now I'm looking on external modems from WaveCom, which are supported by gnokii and have a external power source.