On 1/6/2014 12:56 PM, Oleg Goldshmidt wrote:
AFAIK, there is no indication (not that I check obsessively) that Gingerbread went the way of XP [chuckle]. You said yourself that you see 2.x devices being sold today. Personally, I know I am behind on the patchlevel, but upgrading is a MUCH bigger risk than any security concerns, given my experience and my usage pattern. To explain, when you look you find that many existing vulnerabilities (not all) exist assuming you install and run applications that exploit them. This is simply not very likely for me. Stuff where opening a specially crafted SMS pwns your phone is very rare indeed.

From what I can tell, they are all gone today. There were some available in June when I first looked at a phone, and BUG had only one model for sale at chanuka, when I looked again.

You may find one using ZAP, but I doubt it is anything except NOS (new, old stock).

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson 4X1GM/N3OWJ
Jerusalem Israel.