> using netvision's smart host shouldn't change my from or reply-to
> something@netvision?

No, as long as you are an authenticated user it should pass whetever mail
you want, it may or may not be flagged as 100% trustworthy since it won't
be your "official" smtp server, but you may be able to set policies that
declare that it is a trusted origin server. (
You can for instance also send you @gmail mail through a smarthost, but it
will result in a warning showing in gmail that the mail may not be from the
person since the mail came from a non-google smtp server.
Also note that the smart host will most likely not use TLS for
communication between smtp servers (it may use it for you>smarthost,
depending on how good your ISP is), but you would anyhow only be able to do
that if you are willing to shell out the required money to get a signed
certificate (self signed is nice for testing but 3rd parties will never
accept them [as they should]).

By the way does your ISP even allow incoming port 25 traffic? They
generally block that in an attempt to stymie spam.
(Outgoing is often only through the smarthost while incoming is generally
completely blocked).
Regards,
Eliyahu - אליהו