Roof antenna could not be very helpful in your case, but you can buy an
active antenna or place the current one near a window. As for the antenna
connector, you can buy a cheap adapter; I bought this one:
http://www.dx.com/p/lwj-023-mcx-male-to-tv-female-antenna-adapter-cable-black-17-5cm-207418

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Amos Shapira <amos.shap...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm asking here since I saw that quiet a few members here mentioned using
> things like this in the past.
>
> I bought a USB DVB dongle for my Cubox-I running OpenELEC (here is the
> item on ebay: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251537079924) and although it's
> well supported and the kernel recognises it without a hitch, scanning for
> channels (both through tvheadend and command line w_scan) can't lock on any
> channels.
>
> I live less than 2 km from the antennas which broadcast to all of Sydney
> (~80km radius service area).
>
> According to the instructions at http://baratel.com/guides/mythTV.htm,
> the internal antenna which comes with such dongles is worthless for more
> than 500m.
>
> But the antenna input socket is not the standard wide one (e.g. like the
> one you can see in this wikipedia image:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coaxial_cable#mediaviewer/File:N_Connector.jpg)
> but something that looks like 1 mm headphone jack with an itsy bitsy hole
> in the middle.
>
> Does anyone know how can I extend the reception for this baby?
>
> I think of two main options:
>
> 1. Connect it to "normal"/"common" coaxial wall socket, so I can take
> advantage of the antenna on the roof.
> 2. Buy a bigger internal antenna which can connect to this weird jack.
>
> Any pointers would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Amos
> --