On 5/3/2015 10:28 AM, Shlomo Solomon wrote:
Sorry for the OT post, but the list is the only dependable forum I
could think of for this question.

I just bought an inkjet printer - HP 8610 - after years of using a
laser. I'm debating with myself about using original (i.e expensive)
or non-original ink.

I bought a similar printer about a year and a half ago. I bought several sets of third party ink from a company I found on zap.

The ink worked great, but since I did not pay by paypal, and I did not get an email confirmation of the order, I have no idea of from whom I bought it.

The boxes and cartridges themselves are just plain generic refills.

I have since looked on eBay and found that due to the depressed Euro, I could get 4 sets of 4 cartridges (extra large black, magenta, cyan and yellow) for 200 NIS including registered mail from Germany.

In short I would do it again if the cartridges are just plain ink, but not if each cartridge includes a print head.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson 4X1GM/N3OWJ
Jerusalem Israel.