I think you should consider your audience more than yourself.
If you are an employee ask your boss to pay for it. If they refuse ask them
what they will pay for.
If they won't pay for anything, ask them what certifications would make you
 more valuable to them if you got them at your own expense.

If you are a contractor/consultant, ask your clients. If you work through
an agency or marketing person, ask them what would get you better jobs.

My guess is that Microsoft and Cisco certifications will be worth more as
it shows that you know how to "play well with others" and (almost) no one
has a 100% linux shop.

Geoff.

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 4:53 PM Dan Yasny <dya...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's more a matter of prestige than anything else. LPI is about knowing
> trivia, RH** is about knowing how to do real work.
> On Jun 10, 2015 9:49 AM, "Amichai Rotman" <amic...@iglu.org.il> wrote:
>
>> Have you revisited the certifications recently?
>>
>> I'll look into RHCE and RHCA too.
>>
>> I'd like to get certified for something valid in Europe and the US as
>> well as in Israel to do freelance jobs.
>>
>> Thanks!

>>> I took LPI 1 and 2, and CompTIA L+ back in 2007-2008, it wasn't really
>>> worth much and the level was basic. If you want a meaningful certification,
>>> aim for RHCE and the courses that compose the RHCA
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 9:30 AM, Amichai Rotman <amic...@iglu.org.il>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am thinking of getting an LPI certification [1].
>>>
>>> Wanted your 2 cents about it:
>>>
>>> Is it worth it?
>>>
>>> Which is the best to start with?
>>>
>>> and so on...