Hello everyone,

I often have damaged text files (due to a lovely storage system). The files
are of different formats, although I can usually assume they contain
spaces. The files are structured as lines.

Every once in a while, the lovely destruction (ahm....storage) system
inserts binary garbage to the file. I wish to fix the files by removing the
cancer without leaving any leftovers. That is, I want to lose partial lines.

I tried using grep with all sorts of keys, but it did not do the trick.
strings catches too little - it leaves partial lines.
Is there an elegant  way to  do the trick line-wise?

Thanks
Orna

--
Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda.