In that case, I recommend you to have a look at KNX. As I said, it's the
only wired+wireless protocol that is open, and is manufactured by multiple
producers for tens of years.
It even have REST/xml-rpc gateway standard.
It's a bit expensive, and the official program to program KNX components is
a bit expensive.
There are open source versions, but I'm not sure how useable they are.
OpenHab had KNX support.