On 2017-07-03 16:56, Amichai Rotman wrote:
>    Can any of you do the magic so this package becomes available for
>    installation from the Ubuntu Repos?

With the circulating claim that my work is inferior, I don't feel
comfortable recommending it be packaged for a distribution, especially
since others say they have produced better product. However, as
someone who doesn't print to cellulose, I personally haven't noticed
any deficiency in my versions of the fonts, so what I do feel
comfortable with is suggesting that until the better product is made
available, you evaluate my versions.

If, after a few months, no one publishes a superior font set and there
does develop a consensus that my work isn't somehow deficient, then I
would be willing to do the packaging work.

You can use the fonts immediately, as a local user is creating
directory ~/.fonts, and copying the fonts files there. If libreoffice
is running, it may possibly be necessary to exit and restart the
program.

>      If Dov is correct and your results are superior, let me know when
>      you
>      upload yours for public distribution and I'll immediately delete my
>      repository with a link to yours.
>      On 2017-06-27 19:28, E.S. Rosenberg wrote:
>      > I converted to OpenType using Adobe FDK and the fonts work in
>      LibreOffice.
>      >
>      > 2017-06-27 15:12 GMT+03:00 Dov Grobgeld
>      <[2]dov.grobg...@gmail.com>:
>      > > Though I haven't followed the story closely, you should note
>      that this
>      > > conversion is problematic. Converting to OpenType while
>      retaining the Type1
>      > > outlines would have been a better idea, if OpenOffice supports
>      it.
>      > >
>      > > Here's a relevant link that describes the problem in Type1→TTF
>      conversion:
>      > > [3]https://blog.idrsolutions.com/2014/06/3-reasons-font-
>      converter-type-1-truetype/
>
>    --
>    hkp://[4]keys.gnupg.net
>    CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0
>
> References
>
>    1. mailto:boruch_b...@gmx.com
>    2. mailto:dov.grobg...@gmail.com
>    3.
> https://blog.idrsolutions.com/2014/06/3-reasons-font-converter-type-1-truetype/
>    4. http://keys.gnupg.net/
>    5. mailto:Linux-il@cs.huji.ac.il

hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0